Home Buyers | How to choose a real estate agent
The first step to home buying is to select a Real Estate Agent to work with. How to choose a real estate agent is different for everyone. I am sure that everywhere you turn someone you know has a real estate agent they would like to recommend. While working with someones referral, relative or a friend might work for some. The main decision should be how the real estate will protect your interests.This equates to the real estate agents experience and systems that they have in place to help you the buyer. To find out how a real estate agent will help you with the home buying process it is important to ask them a few questions.
Do you work as a full time REALTOR®?
When you are negotiating time is of the essence in most cases so working with a part time agent can hurt your chances of winning the bid on a house that is your dream home.
- The Gonzales Team is a full time real estate team of agents who work in the local Las Vegas Valley market everyday. We have an extensive knowledge of the current inventory and what areas are selling or not selling. We are also available through the entire real estate transaction.
How long have you been selling real estate?
Working with an agent with several years of experience in the local market is key to success in getting an offer accepted. An experienced agent will be able to educate you on the best strategy for the area you are interested in living in. This is important because each neighborhood, master planned community and Zip Code can be in a different type of selling market than the entire local market.
- The Gonzales Team has been in business in the Las Vegas Valley since 1995. Then in 1999 Ernie Gonzales came on board also as a full time real estate agent. Since 1999 we have been operating as the Gonzales Team full time successfully helping over 2500 clients.
Do you have a “Buyer Consultation” process?
Working with an agent who does the work upfront in a buyer consultation process equates to less time wasted and less frustration to you the home buyer.
- The Gonzales Team has set up a system to meet with all our client’s in the office to go over a needs analysis. This counseling approach helps our client’s find their dream home in less time and with the least amount of hassle. The counseling session takes approximately 30 minutes and we go over everything to help you get to where you need or want to be.
What systems do you have to look after your buyers?
Having a Buyer System set up to make sure that not one step is overlooked can equate to money saved to you the buyer.
- We have systems set up to ensure that you find the home that meets your needs and wants. We do the following during the home search process to make it easier for you:
- Preview homes. In certain market conditions this will help cut down on wasted time for the buyer. We will be able to weed out homes that don’t match your criteria and only show you homes that you want. For out of state client’s we go one step further and will send videos of homes so you can get an idea of what is available that matches your criteria.
- We personally tour homes and neighborhoods with you during the showings.
- We will personally tour new home communities with you. New home communities have a system in place that if you go into a new home community without an agent representing you the onsite agent will be representing you and the builder. What that means is when it comes down to tough negotiations they will be looking after the builders interest not the buyers. When you are represented by the Gonzales Team on a new home they will help you through the process.
- Research and answer questions about new home communities or homes you drive by or you see on the internet. So you don’t waste your time doing the research on homes that might be in escrow already or don’t match your criteria.
- Keep you informed of the current market conditions. Market conditions change constantly so during your home search they could shift so we will keep you informed if we see a shift coming. This will equate into money saved.
- We will set you up on an automated search so you will be emailed homes that match your criteria as soon as they are listed. This way you will be informed of available homes before they hit the other major real estate search engines available on the internet.
- Research the Market Value of the home you want to put an offer in on through a Comparative Market Analysis much like what an appraiser would do to determine value.
- Explain the negotiation process and write an offer on the home you are interested in.
- Negotiate the offer on your behalf not ours. We will always put our clients needs first so that you get the deal you want.
- The Gonzales Team has also set up a system to protect your needs and interests during the Escrow Process. We make sure that all due diligence days and contingencies are taken care of for you the buyer.
How many homes do you sell in a year?
Working with an agent with experience in selling many homes a year is important however if they are a single agent selling many homes they will not be able to have time to answer the phone when you have a question.
- The Gonzales Team averages between 60 to 100 transactions a year. However we have a team of specialists dedicated to walking you through the entire process.
Where do you rank in your office?
Working with a team who ranks high in their office is more than just working with a team who does a lot of business. It equates to a team that is involved and current in the market. What this means to you the buyer is you are working with a leader who will make sure you are getting the best deal for you at the time of the purchase.
- The Gonzales Team year over year ranks in the top 1% of the 150 agents in Keller Williams Southern Nevada Office.
Do you have any special accreditation’s?
All real estate agents must get a real estate license and most, not all, must join the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® (GLVAR) or National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). NAR and GLVAR members pledge to a strict code of ethics and a higher level of training. Some agents however take their education and involvement in the real estate community further to ensure they are on top of the market they work in.
- All members of the Gonzales Team are members of GLVAR and NAR. Ernie Gonzales is the current Vice President of the Veterans Association of Real Estate professionals. Since 2007 Ernie has held a position on the Grievance Committee and the Professional Standards Committee at the GLVAR. These two committees oversea complaints from other agents and the community. This helps you the Gonzales Team client’s because Ernie is aware of current situations that are plaguing our real estate community. Leah Gonzales has designations in Five Star REO specialist, VRM VA REO specialist, Five Star Short Sale Specialists, HUD Lead Base Paint Designation, Equator Broker Price Opinion specialist, (a BPO is like an appraisal or Comparative Market Analysis)
Why should I hire you?
How to choose a real estate agent can be confusing and choosing your real estate agent is key to the success of your new home purchase. You should ask all agents you are interviewing this question “Why should I hire you”? Don’t just settle for an agent who is going to email you properties, show you homes and write an offer for you because this is the basic level of representation. What you are looking for is how does this agent stands out from the crowd. An agent who is worth working with will have thought about the answer to this question and set up systems to go above and beyond your expectations of representation.
- The Gonzales Team has worked hard to make sure that we have set up a high level Las Vegas Real Estate team of agents who are working towards meeting your goals. Our “Client’s First” philosophy is the foundation of our high level of customer service. We accomplish this through ongoing communication with our clients, systems to make sure we meet your goals, staying on top of the current market trends and technology and going above and beyond surprising you along the way. When you decide to find a real estate agent, you don’t just want to settle for someone who delivers basic service, you want a team with a high level of customer service, you want the Gonzales Team!
[wnt_grid keyid=”1″ maptype=”disabled” ownertype=”all” paginated=”true” sortoptions=”true” maxresults=”50″ search_mode=”form” primarysearchtype=”active” searchtype=”city” state=”NV” min_price=”100000″ max_price=”500000″ listing_status=”Active” city=”Boulder City,Henderson,Las Vegas” /]